Destiny 2 News: Season of the Splicer, New Rewards, and More
Destiny 2 fans have been eagerly awaiting the release of the next season, Season of the Splicer, which is set to launch on May 11th. With the recent Bungie weekly update, we now have official information on what to expect in the upcoming season, including new rewards, activities, and more. In this article, we will cover all the latest Destiny 2 news, so let’s dive in!
Season of the Splicer: What to Expect
Season of the Splicer was officially unveiled in a trailer, which showcased new activities, rewards, and more. The seasonal calendar and seasonal ranks were also revealed, giving players a glimpse of what they can expect in the coming months. The new season will feature a six-player matchmade activity called Override, as well as new armor sets, weapons, and more.
New Rewards in Season of the Splicer
One of the most exciting aspects of a new Destiny 2 season is the introduction of new rewards. In Season of the Splicer, players can look forward to the following:
- Seasonal Armor Set: This new armor set will be available through the Override activity. The set looks fantastic and is sure to be a popular choice among players.
- Ornaments: As with previous seasons, players can earn ornaments through their season pass. These ornaments can be used to customize the appearance of armor sets.
- New Weapons: Season of the Splicer will introduce a shotgun, a machine gun, and a sidearm as part of the season pass rewards. Additionally, new seasonal rewards will be available through the Override activity and Umbral Engrams, including a rapid-fire frame pulse rifle.
- Ritual Weapon: The Null Composure fusion rifle will be the new ritual weapon for Season of the Splicer. Players can unlock this weapon through a quest and further customize it with Gambit, Crucible, and Vanguard themed weapon ornaments.
- Activity Weapons: New weapons will be added to the loot pool for Strikes, Gambit, and Crucible activities. These include a breach-loaded grenade launcher, an SMG, and a hand cannon.
- Nightfall Reward Weapons: Three new Nightfall reward weapons will be introduced in Season of the Splicer, including the return of the popular Hung Jury scout rifle from Destiny 1.
Sandbox Update: Buffs and Nerfs
With the launch of Season of the Splicer, Bungie will also be implementing a new sandbox update. This update will include changes to abilities, aspects, and fragments, as well as subclass tuning for Hunters, Titans, and Warlocks. Some notable changes include:
- Reduced freeze detonation radius for Silence and Squall (Hunters)
- Shiver Strike melee energy refund when Glacial Quake ends (Titans)
- Bleak Watcher aspect now grants two fragment slots (Warlocks)
- Fixed issue with Chaos Reach penetrating thin walls (Warlocks)
Bungie has also stated that they are actively looking at other areas for future tuning updates, including Stasis freeze, slow accuracy penalties, and the Whisper of Hedrons.
New UI Element: Nav Mode
Season of the Splicer will introduce a new UI element called Nav Mode. This feature will separate bounties from quests, allowing players to track their progress more easily. Additionally, tracked triumphs will now appear in their own Nav Mode category.
Changes to Glory, Valor, and Infamy
Some minor changes will be made to the Glory, Valor, and Infamy systems in Season of the Splicer. Sub-ranks will be introduced for Glory and Valor, similar to the current Infamy system. Additionally, players are advised to spend all their Vanguard tokens during the upcoming season, as an update to the Vanguard vendor is expected in the future.
Season of the Splicer is shaping up to be an exciting time for Destiny 2 players, with new activities, rewards, and updates to look forward to. As we approach the May 11th launch date, be sure to stay tuned for more news and updates on Destiny 2’s latest season.