Stasis Hunter Build: Renewal Grasps Still the Best in Slot
Despite the recent nerf to Renewal Grasps, they remain the best in slot for a Stasis Hunter in Destiny 2. With the right build and setup, you can still take advantage of the powerful damage reduction and crowd control provided by the Dust Field Grenade. In this article, we’ll go over the subclass, fragments, and mods you need to make this build work, as well as some gameplay tips to help you maximize its potential.
Subclass and Fragments
To make the most of your Stasis Hunter build, you’ll need to use the following subclass and fragments:
- Class Ability: Gambler’s Dodge
- Melee: Withering Blade
- Grenade: Dust Field Grenade
- Aspect 1: Touch of Winter
- Aspect 2: Grim Harvest
- Fragment 1: Whisper of Shards
- Fragment 2: Whisper of Refraction
- Fragment 3: Whisper of Chains
- Fragment 4: Whisper of Durance
- Fragment 5: Whisper of Conduction (optional)
Weapons and Exotic Armor
For this build, you can use any weapons you prefer, as their main purpose is to break the Stasis crystals created by your Dust Field Grenade. The exotic armor piece you’ll need is the Renewal Grasps, which provide a larger effect radius for your Dust Field Grenade and damage reduction for you and your allies.
Mods and Armor
To maximize the effectiveness of your Stasis Hunter build, you’ll need to use the following mods and armor:
- Helmet: Elemental Shards
- Gauntlets: Impact Induction and Firepower
- Chest: Firepower
- Boots: Firepower
- Class Item: Elemental Charge and Bomber (double if preferred)
With this build, you’ll want to focus on maintaining a continuous loop of abilities to keep your Dust Field Grenade available as often as possible. Here’s a suggested gameplay loop:
- Throw your Dust Field Grenade and shatter the Stasis crystal for Whisper of Shards.
- Throw your Withering Blade (Shuriken) to deal damage and reduce your grenade cooldown with Impact Induction.
- Dodge near an enemy to regain your melee charge with Gambler’s Dodge.
- Defeat slowed or frozen enemies to generate Stasis shards and recharge your melee ability with Grim Harvest.
- Pick up Stasis shards to become Charged with Light using Elemental Charge.
- Use your grenade to consume Charged with Light stacks and regain a portion of your grenade energy with Firepower.
By following this loop, you’ll be able to maintain a high uptime on your Dust Field Grenade, providing constant crowd control and damage reduction for you and your allies.
Despite the nerf to Renewal Grasps, they remain a powerful choice for Stasis Hunters in Destiny 2. With the right subclass, fragments, and mods, you can still take advantage of the powerful crowd control and damage reduction provided by the Dust Field Grenade. Give this build a try and see for yourself how effective it can be in both PvE and PvP content.